Electablue

The Painted Girls: A Novel
Cathy Marie Buchanan
Bellman & Black
Diane Setterfield
Never Tell a Lie - Hallie Ephron I received the book as an advanced reader copy through Library Thing and had requested it because it looked like something I would enjoy.

Ivy and David are fixing up an old Victorian house and Ivy is pregnant with their first child. They have a garage sale to clean out some old junk, when Melinda, a girl who was picked on by everyone shows up at the garage sale. David gives her a tour of the house where she said she played as a child, but she never comes out. I don’t want to say any more in case I spoil the plot.

The characters are compelling, especially Ivy. I have to say that my favorite character is the house itself. All the mysteries and secrets that the old house holds is what kept me reading and not wanting to put the book down.
I would recommend this to people who like a good mystery, in spite of the fact that I had pretty much figured out the plot early in the book. I just wanted to find out more about this house and the lives of the people who had lived in it over the century of its life.